- A written or understood rule that concerns behaviours and the appropriate consequences thereof. Laws are usually associated with mores.
- (uncountable) The body of rules issued by the legislative authority.
- (uncountable) The body of rules and standards to be applied by courts and similar authorities
- A one-sided contract.
- A well-established, observed physical characteristic or behavior of nature.
- Newton and Einstein understood the law of gravitation in very different ways.
- (mathematics) A statement that is true under specified conditions.
- A category of English "common law" petitions that request monetary relief, as opposed to relief in forms other than a monetary judgment; compare to "equity".
- (cricket) One of the official rules of cricket as codified by the MCC.
- (slang) (uncountable) The police.
- Here comes the law â€” run!
3 letters in word "law": A L W.
Anagrams of law:
Words found within law: